Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Shipping: The Will Call and Shipping Associate is responsible to accurately count, pick, pack, and ship all outgoing carrier shipments using the RF (Radio Frequency) scanners, the TWL (Total Warehouse Logistics) software and the Starship shipping software and accurately process paperwork. The Will Call and Shipping Associate uses a variety of carriers, such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, common carrier truck lines, and Will Call to ship outgoing orders with appropriate shipping labels and paperwork. The Will Call and Shipping Associate is responsible for calling and scheduling truck lines for pick-up of shipments.
2. Receiving duties: The Will Call and Shipping Associate is responsible for helping the receiving department as required: labeling inventory correctly and putting away inventory in the correct bin location using TWL.
3. Pulling stock: The Will Call and Shipping Associate may also help to pick truck or Sales Team orders for staging for next day delivery via our trucks as needed.
4. Material handling: The Will Call and Shipping Associate uses a variety of equipment to move material throughout the warehouse on a daily basis. Equipment, particularly forklifts, must be used safely and correctly to prevent injury to personnel and minimize damage to stock.
5. Returns: The Will Call and Shipping Associate is responsible for working with the purchasing department to pack, process and return any vendor material to vendors as needed.
6. General Warehouse Duties: The Will Call and Shipping Associate is responsible for general warehouse duties, such as keeping the warehouse clean, neat and orderly and assisting in the other warehouse areas as needed, etc.
The Will Call and Shipping Associate is responsible for being polite when working with customers and outside vendor truck drivers. The Will Call and Shipping Associate is responsible for maintaining warehouse stock in the correct location in a clean and sellable fashion. Qualifications: The ability to understand directions. Ability to stick to work task plan with minimal direction from supervisor using efficient time management.
Ability to lift and carry a maximum of 70 pounds. Ability to use RF Scanners. Ability to pass forklift certification. Ability to do appropriate paperwork. Ability to seek direction when necessary. Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with other employees. General knowledge of computers and RF scanners Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Work Experience: 1-5 years prior warehouse/shipping experience is preferred but not required.